Solutions for Desktop / Laptop
- Keep files and folders in sync between computers. This enables you to work with files on either computer and always be sure you are working with the latest version.
- Create backup replicas of your files to another computer or to a second hard-disk, external hard-disk, USB flash drive, DVD-RW and CD-RW. ViceVersa only copies files that have changed since last run, so backups are really fast. Restore are also very fast and easy, because ViceVersa creates an exact replica of your folders' structures. ViceVersa can also compress and encrypt files for saving disk space and data security on any media, and can keep several former versions of files, using a feature called 'file archiving'.
- Create backup replicas of your files to a network folder, over LAN or VPN.
- "Subscribe" to a network folder, so that the network folder content is "pushed" to your computer every time you run ViceVersa.
- Synchronize several computers against one master network folder. This enables a team to share the same set of files.
Solutions for Servers
- Disk-to-Disk file server backup.
- Backup Exchange and SQL Database.
- Pulling files to a server from workstations. (LAN, VPN)
- Pushing files from a server to workstations. (LAN, VPN)
- Web Server mirroring, aka "Web Farms", i.e. a number of servers providing identical HTML pages to web-users. The web-users' connections are distributed across all the servers (which need to have identical content) for optimized load balance.
Solutions for Data Verification
Compare files in two locations to make sure both locations are identical, bit-by-bit. For example, verifying that data stored on a media such as DVD or CD is identical bit-by-bit to the source.
Create a snapshot of a folder containing information on folder structure, file timestamps and file CRC, and then later on make sure that the snapshot is still identical to the live folder, which guarantees that the folder content has not changed. Snapshots can be added to DVDs and CDs to periodically verify their integrity.
Solutions for File Compare
Visually compare files in two or more locations and see what files have been changed, deleted or added. A unique side-by-side hierarchical view makes it very easy to spot differences.
You can use ViceVersa to compare source code, compare program output and validate copies of your files.
Use ViceVersa in combination with CompareAndMerge
for the ultimate file compare solution.
See also: Network Backup, File Synchronization, Backup and Replication Methods Supported by ViceVersa, About Synchronization (One-Way,Two-Way), Backup and Replication