Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Long Path Names with spaces

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Long Path Names with spaces Reply with quote

I'm trying VVPro 2.0.10, but i get these errors with many files during backup (mirror) and archiving: Deleting file \\?\W:\LongPathNameWithSpaces [Can not delete "\\?\W:\LongPathNameWithSpaces".] [ERROR].
The files are copied correctly from source to target and archive folder, but aren't deleted from target and archive folder. I use the "\\?\" prefix for source, target and archive folders. Source is stored in a local SCSI drive; target and archive folders are stored in a USB 2.0 IDE drive. VVPro is installed on a Windows 2000 Server SP4. I read in the forum that the problem was with network UNC paths and that was fixed with ver. 2.0.9. I'm using ver. 2.0.10 with local paths: What's wrong?
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it happen only with paths longer than 259 chars and with spaces? That is, for paths not longer than 259 chars or with no spaces this problem does not occur?
http://www.compareandmerge.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, sorry for my late reply.
It happens for paths longer than 259 chars with spaces inside the entire path string, like "\\?\w:\at\scambio\pta & schede\2 lavori in corso\1_stati avanzamento schede\schede d.m. 19ago03 - rev02 da consegnare\r19085(baciniminorafracapopasseroetellaro) - in corso con dubbi\scheda 4.1-eliminare\Scheda 4.1_19085CA001_Saia Baroni NON AGG.xls_(2006-04-19_22-04-09_DEL_T).xls" (error deleting archived file) or "\\?\W:\Corrente\Scambio\PTA & Schede\2 Lavori in corso\1_stati avanzamento schede\SCHEDE D.M. 19AGO03 - REV02 DA CONSEGNARE\R19094(SimetoilagodiPergusa) - in corso con dubbi\SCHEDA 4.1_rev02\" (error deleting backup folder). Filesystems are both NTFS.
Thanks.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum