Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Launcher runs continuously

Lance Prager

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Launcher runs continuously Reply with quote

When a conflict occurs that requires manual resolution WLauncher runs continuously.

My profile is set to ignore errors and contuinue running. My launcher settings are to update every 5 minutes or when files change.

When there is a conflict the files are always different I never get a green folder. It remains with yellow arrows cycling so it is processing all of the time.

1) I would like to be able to automatically resolve the conflict by allowing the newest change to overwrite even if both have changed. Is this possible?

2) This same problem happens when there are errors in execution. Can Launcher recognize an error and "put it aside" so the file does not trigger continuous execution?
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, could you post the VVlauncher.log and the Viceversa log? thanks

Quote:

1) I would like to be able to automatically resolve the conflict by allowing the newest change to overwrite even if both have changed. Is this possible?

Yes, in the Profile Settings->Advanced Settings->Synchronize, Backup, Replicate files even if in conflict ....
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Lance Prager

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Do excluded files affect changes? Reply with quote

One of the things that may be triggering the continuous run is changes in excluded files.

Since I have checked to "run as soon as file chages are detected" Vice Versa may be seeing the changes in the excluded files.

The problem is that the excluded files are changing all the time (that's one of the reasons they are excluded).

Will the changes to the excluded file cause the process to run continuously?

If so, is there a way to correct it?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum