Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

every reboot red exclamation point

ALIAS298

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: every reboot red exclamation point Reply with quote

After every reboot I get a red exclamation point. In the log I get an Error can't monitor "unc path". I have to go in and restart the service to get it to start properly. I think this is because the service starts before my drives mount accross the domain. My drives are mounted from logon scripts on my server.

any thoughts?
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VVLauncher starts and does not find the remote folder to monitor.
The issue then is that once the folder becomes available VVLauncher should detect it and start monitoring again. This does not happen currently and will be added in the next release (I cannot tell you the exact date yet, sorry).

Another solution could be to have VVLauncher scriptable, eg being able to start / stop VVLauncher from the command line, so you could do that during your initialization script. Unfortunately this is not possible, but we will soon be releasing a new add-on to ViceVersa which is the evolution of VVLauncher and is capable of running multiple profiles, it is scriptable and which can even monitor the service running on a machine from another machine....
http://www.compareandmerge.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try setting the service to restart after failure. Choose the Recovery Tab on the service and set First failure, Second failure, Subsequent failures to be Restart Service. Also set the Reset Service After xx Minutes to something reasonable. Might work, but also might loop, so be sure to monitor when trying.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum