Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

simplest function, ZERO direction

frustratedannoyedticked..

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 2:56 am    Post subject: simplest function, ZERO direction Reply with quote

ok, really, i want to transfer ONE, just ONE damn program over to a new HD, not the whole of internet including my computer all its glory and the freak next door, just 1 program from my c:/ drive to drive r:/ on my computer. i am not trying to solve the mysteries of humanity, nor am i looking to deepen my understanding of myself in corollation to the universe through hours of stimulating taping of my fingers on my keyboard. i did download this program because it said it could do that, you have zero quick start guides and nothing for instructions on how to use the simplest operations, why i downloaded something that has now taken longer to to get the job done than just retyping all the lines of code for the program in question. i hate to put anybody on the spot, but is there a way to move just ONE program from one hard drive to another or not.

thanks in advance,
extremly angry at this, EASY TO USE interface, that allows (and i am far from new to computers) even begginers (i feel sorry for them) to use this program with ease. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, sorry to hear your frustration. ViceVersa will copy files and folders between computers that or connected over the network, LAN, USB, NAS etc but moving a program between two computers requires more than just that.
The program might have files scattered in multiple locations and also the program needs to be installed usually, which involves creating Windows Registry keys and other settings to be retained.
thanks
kind regards
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum