Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Target folder not found after restart

vlambert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject: Target folder not found after restart Reply with quote

Every time I restart the computer running the VV Engine (windows 10) I have to "reconnect" the networked drives. I do this by opening the VV and then have to open up the network location (the other computer for example) and put in the User Name and then all the scheduled profiles will reconnect. I have quite a few different computers with hard drives that we back up. I know there is a network section in the profile but I am not sure how to make this work. My computer will reconnect every time - just not the vice versa.....any suggestions or "how to's" that are step by step would be great - I am not very network savvy....
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, did you try entering the user name + password required to connect to the network in the ViceVersa profile settings? Under folders -> network.
http://www.compareandmerge.com
vlambert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do I do that - I only have to put a User Name. Do I need to do that per profile.
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, the settings is in ViceVersa -> Profile Settings -> Folders -> Network.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that worked great - thank you!! But here is another sort of related question. I have a couple of hard drives connected to the computer that runs the VV Engine. They are my "travel drives" that I take with me on the road. When I come back I see the (Changes detected) Target folder not found. If I forget to manually run the profile it will not run - even though the folders are now there and they link up no problem. Is there a setting I am missing that will make that run when they are found again?
vlambert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why - but I guess I asked that last question and was not logged in so it shows as Guest.....
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum