Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Long filename mp3s altered

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Long filename mp3s altered Reply with quote

I have some mp3s whose filenames exceed 32 characters. A ViceVersa sync brings up a notice window telling me this and prompts to Cancel, Continue, or Continue and Ignore all Errors. I've been clicking Continue and Ignore All so that the sync continues, just without those specific files.

The problem. Those files that have warranted this prompt from ViceVersa are now unreadable/unplayable. Although Windows Explorer still reads them having an .mp3 extension and still shows them as being associated with my mp3 player (Winamp), they have the following problems:
- they can't be played or even loaded anymore!! Although double-clicking will launch Winamp, the playlist is empty
- their icon has changed to an unassociated file icon
- the files can't be moved or deleted
- right-clicking brings up a pared down menu (without Properties, Rename, Delete, Create Shortcut, etc.), having only some Winamp and Media Player options, which as written above, don't work

I'm not sure what process ViceVersa might have done to these files, but I'm anxious to get them back. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, ViceVersa does not change source files during an execution. The fact that you got an error while running Viceversa shows that the file were already not accessible. Were you copying the files from where to where? Which execution method, sync or backup? Maybe it is something with the file permisisons, did you already check that? thanks
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum