Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Exclude Empty Folders Option -- Deletes when Empty?

Wilson Newman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject: Exclude Empty Folders Option -- Deletes when Empty? Reply with quote

Hello,

When I choose to exclude Empty Folders on a mirror backup the operation goes great and empty subfolders are skipped over and not copied to the target.

After an initial mirror backup has been performed, though, when I then go back on the source and delete all files from a subfolder (making it empty again, but not deleting the folder name to maintain a directory tree that I have set up) the folder name is not deleted on the target. Although the files within the subfolder are gone. So, there is an empty subfolder/name on the target.

This isn't the end of the world, but I wanted to verify that this is the default behavior, and not really anything that I can change going into the settings.

Thank You!
Wilson Newman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Nevermind. Looking at the Profile Settings of the job I see that I have set:

- Include subfolders: "*Auto-Cloud"
- Exclude empty subfolders

Ultimately, it just came down to the program having to prioritize one of these two conditions over the other in the event that the subfolder meets BOTH of these criteria.

It it choosing to prioritize the "Include" condition, where I would rather it prioritize the "Exclude" condition. But that's fine.
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for your enquiry. I think when you exclude empty subfolders, ViceVersa only excludes them, but it does not delete them, if they are already there. I think that would require a new option to delete empty subfolders (from source and/or target) if they are already there...
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum