Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

The option to create folders if they do not already exist

Wilson Newman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:31 am    Post subject: The option to create folders if they do not already exist Reply with quote

Hello,
I have a registered copy of the latest version and have been testing it out for the last couple of days and LOVE IT! I bought this program in part because of the capabilities and also in part because I have used the free Bulk Rename Utility forever- and love it, as well. So, it was easy to choose ViceVersa among the other backup programs. (Maybe the other companies should have made a great renaming utility like Bulk Rename and given it away).

Anyway, my favorite feature so far is the ability to use wildcards and include/exclude subfolders by the name of the folder. That is the best feature in the world to me.

------------------------------------------------

Another favorite is the simple choice to create the (root) folder names from the source if they do not already exist on the target. That's great. I even saw that choice one time.

But after that one time I have never seen it since. Where the hell is that choice located?!?! On what screen or menu? I simply cannot find it. It is almost comical at this point.

When I am choosing source and folder targets there is definitely the choice to "include subfolders" -- but where did "create folders if they do not already exist" go??

OK, thanks for any help and thanks for a fantastic program.
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, thank you for purchasing ViceVersa!

The option is called Create sources/targets folders if they do not exist: Instructs ViceVersa to create source and target root folders that do not exist

and it is in profile settings -> folders (at the bottom)
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Wilson Newman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TGRMN Software wrote:
Hello, thank you for purchasing ViceVersa!

The option is called Create sources/targets folders if they do not exist: Instructs ViceVersa to create source and target root folders that do not exist

and it is in profile settings -> folders (at the bottom)

Yes! Thank you so much.

I totally forgot that the bold section headers "Folders", "Comparison" and "Execution" could be clicked on. I was treating them as text headers and just clicking on the subsections below them.

Thanks!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum