Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Can't seem to get things working the way I need

Old Fogey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:59 pm    Post subject: Can't seem to get things working the way I need Reply with quote

Mad
I apologise for my lack of logic and experience, but I've tried off and on for weeks to try and get things working the way I need, (including unsuccesful 'Archive') - so before I give up can anyone point out where I am going wrong please. It would be really appreciated.

I usually use REPLICATION-AUGMENT when moving files from SOURCE to TARGET. When I'm happy theres no issues I delete the files in SOURCE, just leaving all my 'master files' in TARGET.

There are two parts to the moving process I now want:

A. I now wish to change things to move SOURCE files to TARGET but if there already is an existing similar file in TARGET then NO moving is to take place.

B. But if moving a SOURCE file to TARGET and there is NOT already a similar file in TARGET, the SOURCE file is moved into another folder called MISSING (and not to TARGET as you might normally expect).

I would really appreciate help.

Thank you.

PS
I also have 'Retain folder created and modified timestamps when copying' ticked.
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Quote:
B. But if moving a SOURCE file to TARGET and there is NOT already a similar file in TARGET, the SOURCE file is moved into another folder called MISSING (and not to TARGET as you might normally expect).

This part can only be done but only manually, i.e. in the side-by-side comparison you select the files that are only in source, right-click and select "copy to..." from the menu. Once the copy is done, you re-select the same files, and this time select delete to delete them.

There is no way to automate this process, sorry.
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Old Fogey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject: Thank you. Appreciated Reply with quote

Thank you. Appreciated.
I wont be wasting my time and tearing my hair out!

TGRMN Software wrote:
Hi

Quote:

This part can only be done but only manually, i.e. in the side-by-side comparison you select the files that are only in source, right-click and select "copy to..." from the menu. Once the copy is done, you re-select the same files, and this time select delete to delete them.

There is no way to automate this process, sorry.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum