Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Need Creation & Modif. Date/Time Stamps to be retained

Janimals

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:39 am    Post subject: Need Creation & Modif. Date/Time Stamps to be retained Reply with quote

The images I see on the ViceVersa Copying Software site -- supposedly showing that the SOURCE & TARGET are identical – do not show me any such thing.

The image shows me that the NAMEs of the FILES are the same. But it does not show me that the DATE/TIME Stamps on FOLDERS are the same. The DATE/TIME Stamps for the SOURCE are shown, but the DATE/TIME Stamps for the TARGET location are not included in the comparison image at all. Why not? The DATE-MODIFIED DATE/TIME Stamp on a FOLDER is one of the most-often changed items in copying FILES & FOLDERS to a new location.

I doubt that I'm the only one interested in confirming that the CREATION DATE/TIME Stamps and MODIFICATION DATE/TIME Stamps are retained on the FOLDERS after they have been copied. My search for a Copying Software that will RETAIN the DATE-MODIFIED & DATE-CREATED DATE/TIME Stamps is what has led me to the ViceVersa Software product in the first place.

I can see that the text on the website reads that SOURCE & TARGET are identical. But I would feel better if you would specifically state that "that includes the DATE-MODIFIED & DATE-CREATED Date/Time Stamps on the FOLDERS after they have been copied."

Even better would be to INCLUDE the DATE/TIME-Stamp IMAGES of BOTH the SOURCE Folders and the TARGET Folders in your "proof-that-they're-identical" COMPARISON image. The only comparison image I was able to find on the ViceVersa website is incomplete – and, for my purposes, all but useless. What I need to see compared is missing from the image.

I need for the FOLDERS I'm copying from one of the hard drives on my Windows 7 PC to retain their CREATION and MODIFICATION dates when I copy them to my DROBO. To be more specific, multiple folders from the hard drive of my pc must end up INSIDE a FOLDER on my DROBO. The Creation and Modification Date/Time stamps must be retained initially upon copying -- AND the Creation Date MUST NOT CHANGE if I add, delete, or change something within the Folders after they have been copied to the DROBO.

I would also like confirmation that ViceVersa can copy multiple FOLDERS from a Windows 7 PC INTO a single FOLDER on another device (in this case, a DROBO unit on the same Network). I see it stated repeatedly that a full drive can be copied to another drive. I haven’t seen it stated that the contents of a hard drive can be copied INTO a FOLDER on another drive within the same Network (in this case, a DROBO).

Thank you so much for your help and support. I look forward to your helpful replies.
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, the option to retain all folders timestamps are in profile settings -> advanced settings -> more

The option is called "Retain folder created and modified timestamps when copying": When this option is enabled, ViceVersa will copy and preserve folder timestamps (i.e. the folder created and modified time and date) when copying folders.
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum