Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

System Tray icon missing (Win7)

2spring

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject: System Tray icon missing (Win7) Reply with quote

Hi,

My Win7 System Tray used to show the ViceVersa icon which became animated when ViceVersa was active.

It has disappeared.

I have tried launching VVLauncher from Tools in the Program List and re-srarting Win7 but the System Tray icon is still missing.

I am using Win7 Home Premium 64bit and ViceVersa Pro 2 Build 2014

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, is the icon maybe hidden in the taskbar?
In Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Notification Area Icons you can hide/show taskbar icons.
http://www.compareandmerge.com
2spring

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your answer. However, it didn't work.

The 'Notification Area Icons' feature was already selected to 'Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar'

I tried de-selecting that and manually selecting for both 'VVLauncher' and 'ViceVersa Pro 2' but that didn't work so I reverted back to selecting 'Always show all icons and notifications in the taskbar.'

I did notice that, in the 'Notification Area Icons' pane, the 'VVLauncher' icon was that of 'Avast Free Antivirus'. ??

I also noticed that another program's icon was that of 'Avast Free Antivirus' but in the taskbar that programs correct icon is showing.
2spring

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a work-around:
De-selecting 'Run profile at startup'
Selecting to 'Run profile every 10 minutes'

Icon is now present as normal and in Control Panel > 'Notification Area Icons' the icons are correct for ViceVersa.

The profile was looking for Source Folders on a NAS and the NAS doesn't wake up until a user tries to access it. That's what made me try the above.

If I navigate to the NAS in Windows Explorer when I first power-up then that drive has a red cross on it. Clicking it and waiting about 20 seconds wakes the NAS up.

A couple of questions:

1. Could I set Vice Versa to "try again every 20 seconds" if it can't see the NAS and does Vice Versa looking for the NAS folder do the same thing as me clicking on the NAS drive in Windows Explorer - thereby waking it up. Or is Vice Versa not capable of waking up a NAS?

2. Is my work-around not the best option - and if so what is the correct solution?
2spring

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ViceVersa admin, if it looks like I'e messed up somehow or whatever then please say so - this long to answer a support query is unusual
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, sorry for the delay, the icons taskbar should be visible no matter the scheduling settings. The fact that other icons are also incorrectly showing might mean a general system issue, could you restart the PC again please and see if the problem persists? thanks
http://www.compareandmerge.com
2spring

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just had a major system drive issue and I am going to rebuild my system drive so I'll post again after that if the problem persists.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum