Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

VVEngine can't find source folder - but VV can

sveneven

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject: VVEngine can't find source folder - but VV can Reply with quote

Short explanation of problem: I'm backing up from shares on remote PC's via a server (where VV runs) to a connected NAS. This works when I run the VV profile - but NOT when I schedule that exact profile in VVengine. I then get the error 'Source folder not found'.

The shares are mappe dusing a dedicated user account - but again, it works in VV. I have tried to 'Run as' that other user, I have tried to run VVengine as a service - but no.

I was wondering - how does VVengine work in detail? Does it call VV, or is all the executable code inside the VVengine.exe? (Don't really know if this matters either...).
Why is there a difference in access rights?

This seems to be selectively a problem of the network mapped folders.
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, you need to remap the drive in the ViceVersa profile settings, as VVEngine might run with different elevation mode compared to ViceVersa and/or different user.

ViceVersa PRO version 3 or newer supports mapping drives in the profile settings.

Or you could use the UNC paths, please see:
https://www.tgrmn.com/web/kb/item93.htm
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Alice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, now by chance a very similar issue happened to me today. VV 3.0 on a client PC (Windows 7) worked faultlessly with a Profile, copy the same Profile to a Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and I received the 'Source not Found' message in both VV (3.0) and VVE (2.2 Server Premium) when run there.

key to success was to make two changes :

1 - Use the IP Address of the 'Source' server, not the Server Name under the option [ 'Network' ] / [ 'Connect using the following credentials' ], so I entered :

Quote:
\\10.32.66.76\e$
currentdomain\SVC-Accountname

The 'Test Connection' button (started from within VVE using the 'Open in VV' option) then worked ie I received a 'Connected to "\\10.32.66.76\e$' message when I clicked it

2 - In the 'Source' entry of the VV Profile, again, use the IP Address instead of Server Name, so for me I entered :

Quote:
\\?\UNC\10.32.66.76\e$\Dbase_123_Intranet\UfsServer\tomcat

that fixed the issue in VV and VVE ! No more 'Source not Found' Smile

The only thing I could think of re this error, is that the 'Source' server is part of a Legacy Domain, not the current Domain or the Domain of the 'AD Service Account' I was using to run the Profile.

Hope that helps you a little.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum