Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

a new execution method-- MOVE

way2trivial

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: a new execution method-- MOVE Reply with quote

I'd like an execution method that MOVES files from folder A to folder B, and removes them from folder A when verified...

I'm working on setting up a telecommuter, at the main jobsite, a really good scanner is used by clerks to scan documents into PDF's-it's automatic as hell, they drop the docs in, and hit scan.. the scanner pulls the docs through, and makes pdfs, and saves them,, the clerk operating does not need to touch the PC at all, just "start" when docs are loaded, and clear papers if it jams.

they go to a folder on the attached PC.. I'd then like those pdfs moved via ViceVersa job that is constantly running at a kb limit I set that does not bog down the network.. but I don't want copies left behind on the scanner attached pc..

the teleworker then opens each pdf, performs operations on them, and moves them to a new folder local to them. these get moved back to the worksite at the same trickle pace as they came in...

yes, I can use augment target.. but it's annoying having to verify what's gone and what's not gone at both ends all the time...

I'd rather it just moved the files... after passing crc check, deleting originals...
pdvd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: I second this! Reply with quote

And third, and fourth!

This would be a very welkom (and seemingly easy) addition.

I would like to use VV to move backup files made by database servers to a central backup location.

I know I could delete the files in a script, but that would not give me the certainty that the copy was done faultless, moving would simplify this so much!

Please..
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum