Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Wireless Network/USB connection/Internet connection?

malega

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Wireless Network/USB connection/Internet connection? Reply with quote

I have several computers throughout my house, a laptop, and a main computer which is the one that I normally use.

I have a Linksys wireless network.

There is a shared document directory plus I have earmarked several specific folders in my main computer to be available to the network.

Is there a way to make the entire hard drive available to the network so I could run comparison and do my backups using VV 2.0, without having to use an external hard drive as a go-between?

I also read material on your web site regarding the direct connection between the two computers, and perhaps I am missing something but I do not quite understand how to hook up my laptop up to my main computer via cable and automatically compare the two drives.

Also, is there a way to set up the program so I could do this comparison and file transfer via the Internet if I am away from home?

So far, I am impressed with the program in my trial use of it.

Thanks very much
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello - you already have the computers on the network, that is the best way to connect your computers. You could share the entire drive and make a backup but I suggest that you put all your data and documents in a folder and share that folder or folders. To work over Internet VV needs a VPN tunnel to be setup.
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum