Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

VVEngine Compare and Preview execution

KrisB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: VVEngine Compare and Preview execution Reply with quote

Hello,

One of the nice things in Vice Versa is that I can preview the execution after a scan. This is very useful to verify that the operation is what I intend to do.

It would be nice to have the same posibility in VVEngine (when running as a service).

The use case would be as follows:

I set up a profile and import this in VVEngine. I then has the option to do a "Scan and Compare", which collects source and target information.

When the compare has completed, I am presented with the same preview as in ViceVersa. I can here verify that files will or fill be transferred, deleted and more.

To add to this feature, being able to get the compare list (perhaps as a report file - csv or similar) before running would be useful as well.

After running the "Scan and Compare" I would have the option to execute the replication (without running the scan again).
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the feedback, to preview you could open the same profile in ViceVersa and do a comparison. Then close the profile and run it in VVEngine. thanks
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Paulk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject: Compare Feature Reply with quote

I would like to have the ability to run a command line compare job of the source and destination and have it create a report of the changes that will take place and have it sent to an email address. Or at least create a file I can use other tools to move the file if need be. The reason would be to make sure what will happen is expected. We had a situation where the source array was damaged and it corrupted many files and caused some real pain in getting it back. Having this could give us an additional check before it does the job. We plan to use the archive feature but some of the files we are moving are over 1TB in size so the archive will exhaust the space potentially.
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the latest version of ViceVersa there are the following options:

Execution Safety Checks:

No empty source/target check: By default ViceVersa will stop if a source or a target does not contain any files. Activate this option to disregard this check. Do not enable unless required.

Max. files/folders to delete, do not execute if more: Stop execution, should it result in more than X files/folders deleted and return error. If profile execution will result in more than this number of files/folders deleted in source or target, the profile is not executed. No files at all are copied or deleted in that case and execution is aborted before the copy/delete process starts. The amount can be specified as a number, for example 100, or as percentage, for example 10%.

Max. files/folders to update (=overwrite), do not execute if more: Stop execution, should it result in more than X files/folders updated and return error. If profile execution will result in more than this number of files/folders updated (=overwritten) in source or target, the profile is not executed. No files at all are copied or deleted in that case and execution is aborted before the copy/delete process starts. The amount can be specified as a number, for example 100, or as percentage, for example 10%.

Stop if a file name matches: If a file name in source or target matches the file mask, comparison and execution is stopped immediately and an error is returned. For example, specifying *.jpg will stop execution if there's a file with extension jpg in source and target. You can specify multiple file names or file masks by using the separator |, e.g. text.doc|*.exe

Would these help?
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum