Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Synchronization of emails between 2 Pc's on a Home Network

lipesparkles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Synchronization of emails between 2 Pc's on a Home Network Reply with quote

I'm just starting with the Software and it seems fascinating, however it also seems quite complicated.
I'm trying to Synchronizing the email Folders and Contents from my Outlook Express between my 2 computers on a Home Netwok.
What do I need to copy? Are they on c:\Documents and Settings\ User\Application Data ?
Can you help, please?
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi -

ViceVersa PRO is a file synchronizer. Files are synchronized by overwriting the file with older timestamp with the file with newer timestamp.
In case of Outlook Express (which, by the way, I also use Smile ) ViceVersa can synchronize the dbx files. These are the files that contain the Outlook Express emails and they can be found in the Outlook Express email folder. The easiest way to locate Outlook Express' email folder is to ask Outlook Express. Start it up, and then in Tools, Options, on the Maintenance tab there's a button labeled "Store Folder". Click that, and it will tell you the folder containing all your email files.
Create a profile with the two outlook folder to synchronize on the 2 PCs and sync method.
Every time you run the profile ViceVersa will overwrite the older DBX file with the newer DBX file. If files are changed on both machines in between syncs, they will be marked as confilcts and they will need to be reconciled manually. Note that VV will overwrite the older file with the newer file, and not sync message by message. This means that sync will only work if you are working on only one machine at a time and sync before you start working on the other machine.
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum