Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Accessing files on NetApp network server

zimet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Accessing files on NetApp network server Reply with quote

Hi there..

I just purchased ViceVersa Pro, and am attempting to archive a share directory on a NetApp server. I enter my credentials correctly on Folder -> Network as I can see the connection when executing, but I keep getting 'Source file not found' when I enter the NetApp share folder. Is there some trick to doing this that I am unaware of? Thanks in advance.
zimet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be working fine now over VPN from home Wifi to work Intranet, but was not working over VPN from WiFi in a hotel over the weekend. I am headed away for the Thanksgiving weekend on Wednesday so will be attempting to run again over VPN from hotel Wifi. I will let you know if I run into more problems.
alishba

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:31 am    Post subject: A Reply with quote

Recently my main hdd in my file server went down. Luckily I had been backing up all that data to a different hdd every night using Vice Versa. In my Vice Versa projects I decided to use file compression to save space on my backup hdd. I have all my files on the backup, but they are compressed. Is there anyway I can restore those files to another hdd and uncompress them at the same time? I have about 10,000 folders and about 10 files in each folder. So roughly 100,000 files. I would hate to have to go through each folder manually to extract the files.

alishba
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, just switch source and target and tell ViceVersa that source is compressed and target is not (profile settings -> compression). Then when copying files from source to target , the files will be decompressed.
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Tips, Tricks and More All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum