Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Deleted Files Keep Returning

brianjordan@comcast.net

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Deleted Files Keep Returning Reply with quote

I have been puzzled over this and cannot get it to work reliably. I am trying to synchonize files with three different drives. See Below

C:\Documents and Settings\BRIAN\My Documents\My Pictures\( PICTURES )\Family Pictures\2006-01\
To
P:\Family Pictures\2006-01

and

C:\Documents and Settings\BRIAN\My Documents\My Pictures\( PICTURES )\Family Pictures\2006-01\
TO
T:\( PICTURES )\Family Pictures\2006-01\

I understand that when completing operations it needs to synchonize one to update the source, and then run again to upate the other target.

When Files are added or changed it works perfectly.

When I delete files form the source it works perfectly. ( Both Targets are deleted )

When I delete a file from the P: it synchonizes and removes it from the source. After the next synchonize it removes it from the T:. That works perfectly.

However

When I remove a file from the P:, it removes it from the source. But when I synchonize it again, instead of removing it from the T: The copy on the T: gets copies back to the source and after another resync back to P: where I oringinally deleted it. It operates as if it doesn't realize the file was deleted from the source.

I already verifed the clock times
I tried changing the source and target folders around. I tried it with the P: as the source

The C:\ ... is my local computer
P: is a mounted share off of a 2003 server
T: is a 500GB Firewire Drive

I hope this makes sense, please help.

Brian
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
can you please post the entire log file for a file sync with T:\ ? You can setup a log file in the profile settings.
thanks
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum