Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Linux Version?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

dr_who

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: missed opportunity Reply with quote

JoeWied wrote:
Sorry forget Linux. There is no market on Linux, due the fact that most software is running under GNU. Nobody (pros) cares.

No steam are going on linux... so there are a market

Dr_who
THondo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Linux Version (NAS) Reply with quote

A huge possible advantage would be VV as an App for Linux run NAS machines such as Qnap or Synology to name a couple of the most popular. Being able to Sync or possibly move data between Nas boxes without the need of an intermediate computer would be incredible. There are literally millions of these on the market already.
Davethesteam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: Linux version Reply with quote

I reckon Windows will go to a subscription service within the next couple of years. I'm preparing by looking at Linux and so far ViceVersa is the only program I REALLY NEED which doesn't seem to run under Linux or Wine. Please think about a Linux version!!! Smile
Thanks
David
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never tried ... but shouldn't Wine run all Windows programs on Linux? thanks
http://www.compareandmerge.com
2spring

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason we use a Microsoft product is Windows 7.

Windows 7 is being phased out in January 2020.

We are already dual-booting into a version of Linux (Linux 'Mint') which is free, doesn't accumulate rubbish and slow down from internet browsing, and is not spyware - and in use is very close to a Windows system.

We will adopt the first simple GUI based Linux backup program that we find and will be happy to pay for it.
The market is much bigger than the contracting base of Microsoft customers so I guess a Linux program doing what ViceVersa does will be selling for about £10/$15 into an expanding customer base which will have many hundreds of millions of Linux users, an increasing proportion of which want simple GUI based solutions.

I hope that ViceVersa create it as we have used ViceVersa for about 20 years.
mayhem2408

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to add that I am successfully running ViceVersa Pro 3.0 Build 3003 64-bit on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS using Wine. So far everything appears to be working as expected.

Sorry. I tried to add a screenshot but external links are not allowed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum