Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

two new options - replicate with older files and clear conn

tgilfoy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: two new options - replicate with older files and clear conn Reply with quote

I was wondering if you could add two options

We have a Quality Control group that places applications on a staging area. VV moves the files to the production area at some time each morning if needed. However, sometimes code needs to be rolled back, which means to get we need to copy older files from the staging area to the target. That option only shows in the MIRROR- BACKUP method, which also deletes files that don't exist on the source. We keep data on the production folder so that doesn't work for us. Could you add the Replace Newer Files selection option on the Replicate - update target method?

Also, we find users can lock an executable from being copied to a target folder by having a read only lock. There is a command in Windows to clear a users connection at the file level - could that be incorporated into any of the move methods?
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Quote:
Could you add the Replace Newer Files selection option on the Replicate - update target method?

I have logged this one, I think it should be possible.

Quote:
Also, we find users can lock an executable from being copied to a target folder by having a read only lock. There is a command in Windows to clear a users connection at the file level - could that be incorporated into any of the move methods?

Can you elaborate on this scenario? Are the users locking files that are on the server from clients via shared network folders? What Windows command are you referring too? thank you
http://www.compareandmerge.com
tgilfoy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: command to clear a connection Reply with quote

I believe one way is the NET FILE command which lists files open on the share, then NET FILE id /CLEAR to clear the lock connection to just that file.

I'm sure there are other ways, it can be done via the Server Manager screens on 2008 r2.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum