Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Some Pre-sales questions

Julian

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:07 am    Post subject: Some Pre-sales questions Reply with quote

I've narrowed down my list to you and one other candidate. You have a user forum which has instantly put a tick in the plus column for ViceVersa but I'm having trouble with your web site info.

Is your comparison chart (http://www.tgrmn.com/web/popup/feat_comp.htm) broken or is it a browser incompatibility? I've looked at it in my usual Firefox and in IE but it doesn't look right in either. For instance there is nothing in the very first box (the box above the one that says "Synchronize, backup, replicate files and folders"). What is supposed to be in this box? Is this first bit of the table supposed to be the features that are common between the Plus and Pro versions?

Next, on the second section of the comparison table (the bit with a left and a right column) there is also nothing in the top two boxes. For this it's fairly obvious that the first is supposed to be the label to say the left column is Plus and the right column is Pro but they are both blank when I view them.

For the actual contents of the two-column table it looks OK for the first three boxes (i.e. up to box 3 where it says "Server Pricing with extended VSS support ..." and the left column says "n/a" and the right column says "$149.95". Unfortunately all other boxes below this point (starting from "Basic Synchronization (Consolidation)") are blank. I'm guessing that maybe there are supposed to be tick marks or something in some of them to show what features are in each version but all I see is blank boxes all the way down to the end of the table.

I'm trying to understand the differences between the versions and, as it is displaying for me at the moment, the current table is not very helpful. Is there any chance of fixing it or posting something here that explains the differences (maybe just embed the table in a post here and hope it formats, or even post a screenshot so that I have something I can look at)?

One immediate question I have is 64 bit (Windows 7). Is that a Pro-only feature or is a 64-bit version also available for Plus?

- Julian
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Julian,

Thank you for your interest in ViceVersa.

Quote:
Is your comparison chart (http://www.tgrmn.com/web/popup/feat_comp.htm) broken or is it a browser incompatibility? I've looked at it in my usual Firefox and in IE but it doesn't look right in either. For instance there is nothing in the very first box (the box above the one that says "Synchronize, backup, replicate files and folders"). What is supposed to be in this box?

Strange, it's supposed to be an image there saying "OVERVIEW". The first table is a list of some main ViceVersa features. I tried here and the page seems OK. Can you maybe retry?

Quote:
Next, on the second section of the comparison table (the bit with a left and a right column) there is also nothing in the top two boxes. For this it's fairly obvious that the first is supposed to be the label to say the left column is Plus and the right column is Pro but they are both blank when I view them.

Yes, this is a table showing differences between PLUS and PRO. There should be images in there too. Please retry if still not working, please contact support@tgrmn.com we can send a PDF file via e-mail.

Quote:
One immediate question I have is 64 bit (Windows 7). Is that a Pro-only feature or is a 64-bit version also available for Plus?

Only the PRO version is compatible with Windows 7 64-bit.
thanks
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Comments / Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum