Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Error when syncing encrypted files!!

droberts28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Error when syncing encrypted files!! Reply with quote

- I'm trying to sync files from my computer to an external drive
- I am encrypting the files on the external drive.
- I format the external drive and do the sync (which works fine)
- I can move files and add files on my machine (source) and sync the changes (destination) this works fine.
- The issue is deleting. If I delete a file in the source which is on my computer and sync the change it removes it on the external drive (which is what it's supposed to do).
- If I try to sync from that point on, it always fails giving me the error below

"D:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-1247035596-742538337-1264475144-1757\desktop.ini" in Target (Encrypted) does not have the required extenstion ".enc". Please delete or move this file using Windows Explorer. Aborting comparison.

-Problem is the folder "Recycler" is hidden or not available on the external drive.
- Is there any fix for this? It works fine if I don't encrypted the files, but I really need them encrypted. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
- The issue is deleting. If I delete a file in the source which is on my computer and sync the change it removes it on the external drive (which is what it's supposed to do).

With the Synchronization method if a file is deleted from Source it will be deleted also on Target. If you do not want that you could use Backup or one of the replication methods.

Quote:
- If I try to sync from that point on, it always fails giving me the error below
"D:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-1247035596-742538337-1264475144-1757\desktop.ini" in Target (Encrypted) does not have the required extenstion ".enc". Please delete or move this file using Windows Explorer. Aborting comparison.

This is the recycle bin of drive D:\
You can exclude this folder by adding an exclude subfolder filter D:\RECYCLER\ in the profile settings (subfolder filters section)
http://www.compareandmerge.com
jkoerner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Excludes instruction in help file is incorrect Reply with quote

I noticed that tech support's reply suggested excluding a directory from the backup process by adding it to the Filters as an exclude, e.g.,
X:\RECYCLERS\

I had trouble doing this (VVPro 1.31), because the help file instrucitons on File Filter Settings gives an example of excluding a folder, but does not include the trailing seperator (\), e.g.,
source folder: c:\test
target folder: d:\backup

without the trailing (\)

and this does not work. I ended up using c:\test\*.* instead, which does work to exclude the files within c:\test, (though the folder itself still gets copied). I hope you will correct this throughout the documentation.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum