Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Mobile version to sync phone to SD card

zim2323

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Mobile version to sync phone to SD card Reply with quote

I am a Windows Mobile 6.5 user. I have a client that uses ViceVersa and loves it. I personally would love to see something like this for Windows Mobile.

Currently, SPB Backup and Sprite Backup are the only real solutions to backup our devices from a recovery standpoint, but their implementation of custom backups is cumbersome.

I would like to be able to select folders/files on the device to sync directly to a location on an SD card. With the HD2, 256mb Sprite backups are taking around 10 minutes to complete, when all I really need is the changes since the last backup. If I had something like ViceVersa on the phone, I could choose my My Documents folder, and all the other folders on the phone that force data or other important information to be stored on the device memory instead of an SD card location to sync to a given location on an SD card. When I rebuild the phone, then all I have to do is sync/push those changes from the SD card back to the phone.

Currently I wrote my own Mortscript to do a static sync from device to SD card, but would be much easier with something that could sync both ways while marking changes and deletions from either direction.

Thanks!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum