Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

VVLauncher Service - Admin rights required

chafford100

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: VVLauncher Service - Admin rights required Reply with quote

I am a registered user of VVPro and am currently at a client site where the servers have been locked down ready for production.

I have installed the VVLauncher service and set the user in which the service runs as a standard user. When I run the service nothing happens. However, if I join this user to the administrators group the synchronization works.

I have checked both source and destination and all is well with permissions (the user has full control over the directory).

As for the profile, it is saved in c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\visa versa pro 2 and the users group has access to read this profile.

Any ideas, I don't really mind if the service must run with administration rights but I'd prefer it not.

Thanks.
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - when you say "When I run the service nothing happens" what do you mean? See in VVLauncher.log and the ViceVersa profile log (you can setup this in the profile settings) for more info...
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum