Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Cannot copy attributes, cannot copy because file in use...

JasonC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Cannot copy attributes, cannot copy because file in use... Reply with quote

Hi,

I upgraded to VV 2 yesterday from 1.3 and since then I have had a lot of problems. I have been using 1.3 for the last 7 months and it has served me well, I upgraded to V2 yesterday and now the following error appears while synchronising, this happens while using VV launcher and using VVPro.

2005-11-01 13:46:29 : Copying file C:\Documents and Settings\Jason Canning\My Documents\Business\Event Floorplans\Website\Master\clients\idexmedia\2006\offprice_march_2006\offprice_march_2006.drg <to> P:\Jobs\idexmedia\2006\offprice_march_2006\offprice_march_2006.drg (861.36KB) (Overwriting) ... [Can not copy attributes to file "P:\Jobs\idexmedia\2006\offprice_march_2006\~vv1.tmp". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.] [ERROR].

The above only shows an error for one file but it does it on all files, I had to copy files manually using file explorer because the new version completely messed up all of my files.

I am using VVpro/Lancher to synchronise files between my laptop and Snap server and as I say its been working perfectly on v1.3.

A couple of things I have noticed is that the files are being copied to the snap server and all the files are being given a date of 02/02.1982 02:22:00 and I cannot understand why, the time on my laptop and Snap server are both the same.

Any help would be appreciated as I am now using V1.3 again at the moment to try and sort my files out which v2 has messed up!

If you need anymore info let me know.

Hope you can help!

Regards
Jason
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Can you please write to support@tgrmn.com ?
We will send you a link where you may download the pre-release of build 2.0.0.9 which will solve the issue you are having with copying file attributes to NAS.

thanks!
http://www.compareandmerge.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks for that, I will contact them for a different version.

Jason
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum