Joined: 10 Jan 2005
|Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:16 am Post subject: ViceVersa PRO 2.5 Released
|ViceVersa PRO 2.5 Released
-> Download ViceVersa PRO 2.5 <-
* ViceVersa PRO 2.5 installs over version 2 and replaces it. It is not needed to uninstall version 2 first. All previous settings, including all the profiles, are maintained. This also includes VVScheduler settings, VVLauncher settings and VVEngine settings.
* After the 30-day free trial, ViceVersa PRO 2.5 requires a new license code. An upgrade from version 2 can be purchased for existing installations: http://www.tgrmn.com/web/upgrade.htm
- NEW: Added ability to send an E-Mail notification at the end of a profile execution in case of error and/or success. Supports also special SSL mail servers such as GMail.
- NEW: EXTENDED VSS (=Volume Shadow Copy) support with an option to create the Volume Shadow Copy before source/target comparison. This option makes it easier to backup MS SQL databases, Hyper-V machines, Oracle 11g databases on Windows Servers, by using their respective VSS writers.
- NEW: EXTENDED VSS (=Volume Shadow Copy) with an option to select directly VSS writers or components to backup, using the new vss:\\ notation. -> More Info / Watch the Video
- NEW: Ready for Windows 7.
- NEW: Added the ability to specify script path to run before or after execution, in addition to global and local scripts.
- NEW: Added support for PowerShell (.ps1) scripts.
- NEW: New 'Network Friendly Folder Scanning' option in performance/bandwidth settings. This option is useful for scanning deeply nested folders over the network. Without this option, scanning deeply nested folders over the network could time-out with error “the handle is invalid”. Use this option if you receive the error “the handle is invalid” while ViceVersa is scanning folders over the network.
- NEW: ViceVersa automatically excludes all subfolders that contain only excluded files. For example, if a subfolder X contains 5 documents, which have file extension .doc, and the profile settings exclude all files with extension .doc , then ViceVersa excludes the subfolder X too, automatically. This default behavior can now be overridden by adding an include subfolder "**" as the first subfolder filter (double *, without surrounding "). With this special filter, subfolders containing only excluded files are not excluded.
- NEW: Added ability to specify a profile name on the command line plus other options. The profile file is used as template in this case.
- NEW: New environment variables for scripts and e-mail notification: VV_COPIED_FILES [A list of copied files during last execution (limited to approx. 10 files max)], VV_DELETED_FILES [A list of deleted files during last execution (limited to approx. 10 files max)], VV_LAST_ERROR [Textual description of last error encountered by ViceVersa].
- NEW: Added ability to consider files with certain extensions as always newer in source. It's possible to specify multiple file extensions by using a separating comma (e.g. *.mdf, *.ndx). Microsoft SQL databases are an example of files requiring this option, because the file time stamps of the databaases are never updated.
- IMPROVED: Added the ability to cancel the archiving operation, which makes ViceVersa and VVEngine more responsive during archiving.
- IMPROVED: Added the ability to cancel file re-comparison after file copying/deleting and file sorting during file comparison, which makes ViceVersa and VVEngine more responsive during these operations.
- IMPROVED: Added the ability to cancel the Volume Shadow Copy creation, which makes ViceVersa and VVEngine more responsive during this operation.
- IMPROVED: Added the ability to have 2 or more profiles running at the same time, all using different Volume Shadow Copies.
- IMPROVED: Automatically ignore files marked with the 'offline' attribute during profile execution.
- FIXED: Fixed possible issue during file archiving: if a file had a '.' or a '[' in the file extension (quite rare), ViceVersa PRO would crash. This is now fixed.
- FIXED: Fixed issue with copying read-only files to Linux systems (via Samba or over a NAS).
- FIXED: Fixed issue with using \\UNC\ or \\?\ notation in the archive path.
- FIXED: Fixed issue with wrong file time stamps on target folders for certain NAS.
- FIXED: Fixed issue in VVLauncher with icon not showing in the notification area on Windows Vista.
-> Download ViceVersa PRO 2.5 <-
TGRMN Software Support