Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Scheduled runs with Profile

dnr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Scheduled runs with Profile Reply with quote

Running ViceVersa Pro 2.5. On desktop computer 3, I have a profile set up to backup files from desktop computer 1and desktop computer 2. This runs nigihtly. I use the Mirror Source to Target Execution Method.

I noticed that many new files on desktop 2 had not been copied after the nightly backup, but when I ran it manually from the main window (Compare and Execute) it copied all of the files. I checked to make sure it was using the same multisource profile (VVScheduler is showing the correct name for the .fsf file). Why would the manual running produce the correct result and the automatic scheduled produce a second result?

One other questions. When I manually ran Compqre and Execute, when it came to Desktop 2, it first delected all of the backup data before copying it over. Why does it do this?
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Quote:
Why would the manual running produce the correct result and the automatic scheduled produce a second result?

This can happen if you are using mapped drives. If you are not logged in when mapped drives are used by the profile the execution could fail. Are you suing mapped drives or UNC paths (e.g. \\computer\share ) ?

Quote:
One other questions. When I manually ran Compare and Execute, when it came to Desktop 2, it first deleted all of the backup data before copying it over. Why does it do this?

Check that when VV copies the files, their timestamp is correctly maintained. That could be the issue, the file timestamp is incorrect.

thanks
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Comments / Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum