Joined: 10 Jan 2005
|Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:57 am Post subject: ViceVersa PRO 2.5 BETA Released
|ViceVersa PRO 2.5 BETA Released
ViceVersa PRO 2.5 BETA for Windows Vista, 7, XP, 2000, Me, 98. Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2000
ViceVersa PRO 2.5 BETA (64-bit) for Windows Vista, 7, XP (64-bit). Windows Server 2003, 2008 (64-bit)
* ViceVersa PRO 2.5 installs over version 2 and replaces it. All the settings, including the old profiles, are maintained. This also includes VVScheduler settings, VVLauncher settings and VVEngine settings.
* ViceVersa PRO 2.5 requires a new license code. An upgrade from version 2 can be purchased for existing installations.
- NEW: Added ability to send an E-Mail notification at the end of a profile execution in case of error and/or success. Supports also special SSL mail servers such as GMail.
- NEW: Option to create Volume Shadow Copy before source/target comparison. This option makes it easier to backup MS SQL databases, Hyper-V machines, Oracle 11g databases on Windows Servers, by using their respective VSS writers.
- NEW: Option to select directly VSS writers or components to backup, using the new vss:\\ notation. -> More Info / Watch the Video
- NEW: Ready for Windows 7.
- NEW: Added the ability to specify which script to run before or after execution, in addition to global and local scripts.
- NEW: Now ViceVersa supports PowerShell (.ps1) scripts.
- NEW: New 'Network Friendly Folder Scanning' option in performance/bandwidth settings. This option is useful for scanning deeply nested folders over the network. Without this option, scanning deeply nested folders over the network could time-out with error “the handle is invalid”. Use this option if you receive the error “the handle is invalid” while ViceVersa is scanning folders over the network.
- NEW: ViceVersa automatically excludes all subfolders that contain only excluded files. For example, if a subfolder X contains 5 documents, which have file extension .doc, and the profile settings exclude all files with extension .doc , then ViceVersa excludes the subfolder X too, automatically. This default behavior can now be overridden by adding an include subfolder "**" as the first subfolder filter (double *, without surrounding "). With this special filter, subfolders containing only excluded files are not excluded.
- NEW: Added ability to specify a profile name on the command line plus other options. The profile file is used as template in this case.
- NEW: New environment variables for scripts and e-mail notification: VV_COPIED_FILES [A list of copied files during last execution (limited to approx. 10 files max)], VV_DELETED_FILES [A list of deleted files during last execution (limited to approx. 10 files max)], VV_LAST_ERROR [Textual description of last error encountered by ViceVersa].
- IMPROVED: Added the ability to cancel the archiving operation, which makes ViceVersa and VVEngine more responsive during archiving.
- IMPROVED: Added ability to cancel file re-comparison after file copying/deleting, and file sorting during file comparison, which makes ViceVersa and VVEngine more responsive during these operations.
- IMPROVED: Automatically ignore files marked with the 'offline' attribute during profile execution.
- FIXED: Fixed possible issue during file archiving: if a file had a . or [ in the file extension, ViceVersa would crash.
- FIXED: Fixed issue with copying read-only files to Linux systems (via Samba or over a NAS)
- FIXED: Fixed issue with using \\UNC\ notation in the archive path
- FIXED: Fixed issue with wrong time stamp on target for few NAS.
- FIXED: Fixed issue in VVLauncher with icon not showing in the notification area on Vista.
TGRMN Software Support