Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Multiple profiles in one project ?

Pierre-Marie Chatain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Multiple profiles in one project ? Reply with quote

In future release, is it possible to set differents "profiles" (ie execution mode, and so on) for different folders in ONE project ?

Example :

C:Folder1 -> S:Folder1 (Backup)
C:Folder2 -> S:Folder2 (Synchronisation, Target compressed)
D:Folder3 -> Z:Folder3 (Replication)
Karyl Stein

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: (Including subfolder ignore settings) Reply with quote

I'd like this too including the ability to set different ignore settings for each rule. Another option is to allow VVLauncher to run multiple profiles.

I synchronize "My Documents" for the computers in our house to a central NAS. I also want to back up the entire "Documents and Settings" area on each computer to a separate share on the NAS, but skip the "My Documents" directories because they are already stored elsewhere.

Right now, I just have a bunch of rules that back up the important folders to the right places. This works fine, but I'm worried that I'll miss something down the road.
John

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: RE: Multiple Projects and have them user specific Reply with quote

This works great to have it automatically run a profile upon startup and shutdown in the office; however, my excitment for this product quickly dwindled once I discovered it doesn't let you run several profiles automatically and in order of preference nor does it attach to any one specific user profile so when I leave my office and log on a different proficle to travel the thing still trys to synchronize with my office. Great concept yet not quite there yet. I regret to have to continue my search for a viable solution. E for Effort.
bmidy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: RE: Multiple Projects and have them user specific Reply with quote

John wrote:
This works great to have it automatically run a profile upon startup and shutdown in the office; however, my excitment for this product quickly dwindled once I discovered it doesn't let you run several profiles automatically and in order of preference nor does it attach to any one specific user profile so when I leave my office and log on a different proficle to travel the thing still trys to synchronize with my office. Great concept yet not quite there yet. I regret to have to continue my search for a viable solution. E for Effort.

Hi,

you could also write some "simple" batch files that will be launched on Starup/Shutdown that will call the ViceVersa with the appropriate command line switch to run your profiles, in the order you like.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum