Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Problems with VVScheduler

Aaron

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Problems with VVScheduler Reply with quote

I just purchased the PRO version of ViceVersa and I’m having problems with VVScheduler. I have set up a profile to backup stuff on a shared drive on another computer to my local disk. If I run the profile manually all is well. If I add it as a scheduled task and click ‘run task now’ .. nothing seems to happen … in particular, if I set it so that I’m supposed to see UI while the task runs, I see no UI. If I look in the process list – nothing seems to launch. I set it to run as a user in the local Admin group on my machine.

Upon clicking ‘run task now’ .. the status goes to ‘currently running’ .. but it’s not .. nothing happens – and it will stay like that until I click on ‘show comparison’ … at that point the UI springs into life and it proceeds.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong…?
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please check the task scheduler log file (it is under 'tools' in VVScheduler). Anything helpful in there?
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Aaron

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately I figured it out ! The problem was with the user/password I set the task to run under… I used the local ‘Administrator’ account, but I was logged on as another user ‘Aaron’ .. and even though ‘Aaron’ is in the local admin group on the machine, the task was running with different desktop credentials and therefore it’s UI was effectively invisible to me…

Remedy was to use the ‘Aaron’ account I was logged on as .. then the task could interact with my desktop as usual ..

Works like a charm – great program!

Thanks
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum