Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

VVLauncher Compare only

Bast

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: VVLauncher Compare only Reply with quote

Hello,

We are on Novell NBO server. We have 14 site and one central office. We use Novell Rsynch to synchronise certain directory between our central office and the other 14 sites. We wanted to use ViceVersa to double check the synchro since Rsynch doesnt have a good compare/summary tool.

I have two problem with ViceVersa to complete is task 1 big and 1 nice to have:

1- The nice to have first: When I use multiple source and target the summary give my the stats for all the source sum up. I want to have stats for each site. Do i have to run 14 differents compare?

2- The big: I wanted to use vvlaucher to run the task without intervention. The problem is that it doesnt seems to be possible to only compare the file?? He want a execute method.. and compare doesnt seems to be there... Please tell me there is way to simply compare site with vvlaucher?

Thanks for the help
Bastien
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Quote:

1- The nice to have first: When I use multiple source and target the summary give my the stats for all the source sum up. I want to have stats for each site. Do i have to run 14 differents compare?

The summary in Viceversa cannot be split by folder pair Confused

Quote:

2- The big: I wanted to use vvlaucher to run the task without intervention. The problem is that it doesnt seems to be possible to only compare the file?? He want a execute method.. and compare doesnt seems to be there... Please tell me there is way to simply compare site with vvlauncher?

I suggest that you use a shortcut for this. You can create a shortcut with the VV shortcut creation tool (in the Tool menu). Use the option /autocompare. VV will compare source and target and show the summary.
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Bast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well finally i used the vvscheduler.. and made a different job for each of our region... It worked without a glitch... The only last thing is that i would have liked to have a /HIDDENautocompare ... Since it will run a computer that doesnt have a user on each day..

I don't want to have a summary x 14 region each day that pile up as days pass... It's minor, since we have to check the log, we can also go on the computer and remove the summary screen but would be a nice to have.

Thanks for the help and reply.
Bastien
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum