Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

ViceVersa crashing when copying network drive

Mark Dale

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: ViceVersa crashing when copying network drive Reply with quote

I'm on a Domain and have plugged in a Maxtor Shared Storage drive to the hub. It is mapped as Y:Drive.

When I attempt to copy directories, with ViceVersaPro from a network drive (Z:Drive) to the Y:Drive - ViceVersa crashes. I've tried it a few times and I notice that it copies one file then each time then crashes.

There is no problem copying to the C:Drive on the workstation.

Any clues in getting ViceVersa to copy to the Maxtor greatly appreciated.

cheers

Mark
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello - when crashing VV will create 2 files: viceversa.rpt and viceversa.dmp ; can you please send these 2 files to support@tgrmn.com with the log file. You can setup a log file in the profile settings. Make sure you are using the latest build 2.0.0.8, thank you
http://www.compareandmerge.com
yspud

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: maxtor shared drive Reply with quote

I am having the exact same problem with an external maxtor network drive mapped as a drive letter. If there is a fix to this, can you please post. thanks, jared
Mark Dale

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Update on VV crashing with Maxtor Shared Drive Reply with quote

After testing VV on 3 workstations and all of them crashing when trying to copy from-or-to a Maxtor Shared Drive - I then put in a Maxtor USB connected drive (connected to the workstation) and all was fine.

What I did notice was that the USB Maxtor is formatted NTFS and the Maxtor Shared Drive is formatted Fat32. Is this because the Maxtor Shared Drive uses a Linux OS (and maybe some kind of Samba setup)?
There is no option to reformat the Shared drive like you can with the USB drive.
Perhaps this could be a cause of the problem?

Note to VV. I dont have access to the the files you asked for at the moment because I've taken the Shared Drive offline while I get backups happening on the USB drive. Will get them to you as soon as I can.

cheers

Mark
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum