Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

email script for after execution?

Markie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: email script for after execution? Reply with quote

Hello all,

We've been using ViceVersa in our office for about a month, and are very much enjoying it's flexibility. I would like to use the ability to execute a script after a copy has executed, but I don't know the best way to use the built-in functionality for it.

The machine it would be needed for is an unattended workstation in another part of the office. After a lengthy copy, it would be nice to get an email notification that it's completed instead of repeatedly checking.

Can anyone point to a methrod that would allow it to run without intervention and email a specific address when the copy is completed? I've looked for JavaScript examples but they all seem limited to webpage and user-input for actually sending (via mailTo with client). Are the other options possible to use for this scenario?

Thanks for any pointers or assistance,

Markie
CoreyPlover

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always write a VBS script file (or any other scripting technology that you are comfortable with) to launch ViceVersa with the /dialogautosync and /autoclose switches.

i.e. "ViceVersa.exe <filename.fsf> /dialogsutosync /autoclose"

This will auto sync using the project settings in filename.fsf. Then simply add some pre or post synchronisation routines to the VBS script file to perform things like email confirmation (Google Search for VBS email confirmation will return many example scripts).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look there for a solution: http://www.tgrmn.com/web/forum/viewtopict253.htm
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum