Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Stalling on "sorting files" in large directories

ACESSupport

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Stalling on "sorting files" in large directories Reply with quote

I am using version 2 as an upgrade to 1.3 and have run into a problem with a large volume backup using VV. The source contains ~900,000 files and the compare operation takes about 20 minutes or so but after successfully completing that operation, VV seems to stall on a "sorting files line". I have let it run for up to 5 hours but it never seems to wake from this.

I am doing updates on other directories that have 300-400, 000 files in them and they never take more than 15 minutes to start the file copy operations.

Do I have a setting wrong? Is there an upper limit to the file/folder count that VV can handle?

Thanks!
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

if you are not already using VV PRO 2 build 2008, please install that version. We have updated the sorting algo and it is now faster and uses much less memory. Memory could be the issue behind the current freezing with 900K files. You can download the latest build 2008 and just install it over any previous ViceVersa PRO 2.
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum