Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Files left appearing intact when removable drive fails

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Files left appearing intact when removable drive fails Reply with quote

I was doing a sync today to an external drive connected with a firewire connection and the drive had an error and windows stopped seeing it. I don't think that it was due to your program but after the sync was complete I had some concerns about the validity of the data.

The synced files copied to the external drive matched the timestamp and size compare but failed the CRC compare.

I suggest in this type of program that when copying a file that you first write the file to a temporary file and then rename the file when the copy is complete. That would greatly reduce the incidence of these types of errors.

Otherwise, I really like your program.
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, by default, ViceVersa will copy to a temp file first and then rename the temp file, unless this default behavior is changed in the profile settings. CRC values are not verified by default, this it can be activated in the profile settings. thanks!
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Comments / Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum