Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Time Stamping on Destination Files

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Time Stamping on Destination Files Reply with quote

If the method I am using is "Synchronization" and I copy some files with 2002 or 2003 timestamps from the Source to the Destination, I notice that the timestame on the destination files if the time the file was copied.

I am concerned that the timestamp on the destination file is now newer than the source file and that on the next syncronization these files will be copied back when they are exactly the same.

I would think that the timestamp of the destination would be the same as the source so that these files would be skipped untilss they were really updated on one side or the other.

Can someone help me understand how this is supposed to work?

Thanks,

Jim

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get this too...

On my laptop and work PC everything works as expected, on my new home PC (Seagate SATA drives) then when the file begins copying it's marked as being modified in 82, and after it finishes it's set to the current date/time.

Happens with 1.3.1 and 2.0

Sad
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

On my laptop and work PC everything works as expected, on my new home PC (Seagate SATA drives) then when the file begins copying it's marked as being modified in 82, and after it finishes it's set to the current date/time.

Sad

Can you post details about your home PC? The Seagate SATA drive is a local drive? Also the log file would be useful if you can post that. thanks
http://www.compareandmerge.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I'll do this tonight sometime. And yeah, all the drives are local. I'd love to get it fixed so I can setup a proper two-way sync with my home pc, would probably persuade me to upgrade to 2.0 Smile

One thing I have noticed is that Visual Sourcesafe has no problem with timestamps on my new pc, e.g it will retrieve them from a server onto my machine and then set the timestamps to match their last modified date.

Andrew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: Time Stamping on Destination Files Reply with quote

I get same thing when wither synchronizing or copying to target from Laptop to Simple Tech Network assigned storage device -- over a network share.

Is there a preference to keep timestamps the same? The timestamp is a valuable piece of info -- is it my taxfile from 1995 or 2005?

Any help availble on this?

Anonymous wrote:
If the method I am using is "Synchronization" and I copy some files with 2002 or 2003 timestamps from the Source to the Destination, I notice that the timestame on the destination files if the time the file was copied.

I am concerned that the timestamp on the destination file is now newer than the source file and that on the next syncronization these files will be copied back when they are exactly the same.

I would think that the timestamp of the destination would be the same as the source so that these files would be skipped untilss they were really updated on one side or the other.

Can someone help me understand how this is supposed to work?

Thanks,

Jim
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the latest ViceVersa PRO 2 build 2009? thanks
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum