Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

VV Pro 2 Date/Size Filters Ignore The Year

eclecticosm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: VV Pro 2 Date/Size Filters Ignore The Year Reply with quote

If I set up a Date/Size filter to exclude files created or modified before 4/30/2005, and I run the comparison between a source folder with lots of files, all older than 4/30/2005, and a target that's empty, I still come up with over 13,000 files which the program wants to copy over.

Turns out the files it failed to exclude are all created or modified before 4/30 of whatever year they were created or modified in! This new version ignores the year portion of the filter.

Please fix!
eclecticosm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Followup Requesting Followup... Reply with quote

I was sort of expecting some kind of acknowledgement / confirmation regarding the existence of this issue, or at least to be told I'm crazy and no one else can reproduce it.

All my profile does is copy everything from [folder1] to [folder2] with a file filter on the date that excludes everthing timestamped before 4/30/2005. Nothing fancy - the folders are even from partitions on the same drive.

If I load this up in the old version (1.x), it copies over just the files (and directories) timestamped after 4/30/2005.

If I load this up in the new version (2), it copies over every file timestamped after 4/30, regardless of the year. So I get files from 2004, 2003, 2002, 1996, etc.

So I can't use the new version with this profile, and I paid to upgrade to a version I can't use.

Is this a confirmed bug in Version 2? When will this be fixed?

Thanks!
Tom
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry for this late reply.

Yes, you are correct, this is a bug. We have fixed this bug in build 2008 which we will release in a couple of days. Very Happy

By the way: we are excited that ViceVersa PRO 2 build 2008 will also be able to copy open files using Volume Shadow Copy on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum