Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

FeatureRequests_A

mobybit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: FeatureRequests_A Reply with quote

Feature requests :

1) When ViceVersa crashes it should prepare a crash report to be sent to tgrmn.com containing enough info so that tgrmn might be able to fix the bug.

2) When syncing, instead of using standard MsWin copy methods use a ViceVersa specifc wrapper around this action so that we see a more useful GUI than the stupid MsWin flying paper pop-up. If there is a file conflict (existing file in target), we'd rather have a more informative GUI that the MsWin one ... so we can be told what path the file overwrite is in and perhaps safer and more flexible choices than Yes, No, All.

3) Option to use date/time of source file during sync to target. So, user can later make a quick visual check by comparing date/time of source and target files.

4) Options to apply individual or all attributes of source file to target file during sync. For instance, the "a" (archive) attribute.

5) Option to maintain source file name case in target file. ViceVersa v1.0.2 seems to lower case all created / updated target file names ... and folder names.

Appologies if these features already exist and I just missed seeing them. I'm pretty sure #1 doesn't exist because I've seen the standard MsWin crash dialog several times now when ViceVersa v1.0.2 crashes.
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the feedback.
All these features but 4) are available in ViceVersa PRO 2.
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum