Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

production environment?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: production environment? Reply with quote

Does anyone use this software in a prod environment?

I'm only looking to use VV for two or three low-volume servers that need a simple and inexpensive solution for mirroring files. I know there are 'enterprise solutions' that are meant for big time data centers, but they are way more than what I'm looking for in both scope and cost.

Any thoughts specific to VV?
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViceVersa is designed also for replication on Win servers 2000 or 2003. We have many many customers using ViceVersa on production servers.
http://www.compareandmerge.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your prompt answer!
Jaime

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: VV on Productive Reply with quote

TGRMN Software wrote:
ViceVersa is designed also for replication on Win servers 2000 or 2003. We have many many customers using ViceVersa on production servers.

I am testing your software on a productive system and had some problems regarding network connections.

Our landscape is as follows:
A shared folder (with numerous subfolders) contains our interface.
Every min several files are created and copied to this share, and others are moved to subfolders, deleted or zipped.
After synchronization (which VV processes succesfully), it compares the content of the share. During this process the server freezes for maybe a min or less causing the main application on that server to loose connection to its central instance. The total amount of files ranges between 1.5 to 2 GB.
Is there something it could be done to solve this problem ?
I like VV's interface and would like to see this problem solved. Have you seen this problem before ?
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, we have never seen this problem before. By "it compares the content of the share", do you mean the recomparison process happening at the end of the sync? If that is the case, then the new ViceVersa build 2010 will improve in this sector and the recomparison will be done differently and much faster. The new build is now in beta, and we expect to release in the next 20 days.
http://www.compareandmerge.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TGRMN Software wrote:
No, we have never seen this problem before. By "it compares the content of the share", do you mean the recomparison process happening at the end of the sync? If that is the case, then the new ViceVersa build 2010 will improve in this sector and the recomparison will be done differently and much faster. The new build is now in beta, and we expect to release in the next 20 days.

I am positevly impressed of how fast you react to these postings ! Good... it says alot about your organization.

Regarding the problem we encountered: Yes, I meant the recomparison process. Synchronization did not have any problem. It was just afterwards.

I will keep an eye on the newest release

Thanks,

Jaime
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Comments / Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum