Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

AESDecryptor with MAC: MAC check failed error.

CJM

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: AESDecryptor with MAC: MAC check failed error. Reply with quote

I am running VV using compression and encryption and I keep getting the error message “AESDecryptor with MAC: MAC check failed error.” It’s not happening to all files, but I would say about 1 out of every 4 files fails. I know the encryption password must be correct since other files are fine. If I run VV again some of the files that failed the first time will go through with no problems.
CJM

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Compression and Encryption Reply with quote

Just to eliminate a variable, I turned off encryption to see what would happen. I now get every forth file failing due to “Gunzip: CRC check error”.

I’m copying these files through a VPN tunnel, this may be the problem.

I just ran the same settings on the local computer and it unzipped and un-encrypted the files without any errors. So I think I have the errors figured out. Now I just have to get that VPN working correctly. Are there any buffer settings within VV that I should be adjusting? The VPN pulls files through at about 30-50kb/sec.
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Gunzip: CRC check error" and "AESDecryptor with MAC: MAC check failed error.” can happen when data in encrypted and/or compressed file is corrupted. This probably happened, as you say, with the VPN.
Try to set these two options:
- buffer at 8192.
- flush buffer every write.

Since you are still testing this, I also suggest that you to try the new VV PRO 2.0 Beta that you can download from this forum. We are about to release this as the new ViceVersa PRO.
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum