Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

General Questions

mtuma

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: General Questions Reply with quote

I am evaluating your product as a backup solution for our OEM product. I have figured out most of the software, but I still have a few questions. 1. File comression: Does your software perform the file compression as part of the backup, or do you have to compress the files before the backup is performed, or do you have to use a third party compression utility? I have tried to use the file compression, but the backup fails every time. 2. Individual file backup: Can I backup just one file without backing up the entire directory? I included one file in a filter, but the backup failed because I did not include the directory?? Maybe I did something wrong? 3. Licensing: If this solution works for us, how do you handle licensing? Do we have to use a key for every install, or do you have volume licensing?
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. File comression: Does your software perform the file compression as part of the backup, or do you have to compress the files before the backup is performed, or do you have to use a third party compression utility? I have tried to use the file compression, but the backup fails every time.

VV PRO compresses the files in source and/or target (usually the source is not compressed and the target is compressed). Each file is separately compressed. No third-party tools are needed. How does the backup fail in your case?

Quote:
2. Individual file backup: Can I backup just one file without backing up the entire directory? I included one file in a filter, but the backup failed because I did not include the directory?? Maybe I did something wrong?

If you want to backup c:\my docs\fle.txt to e:\folder\ only, use c:\my docs\ as source, e:\folder\ as target and add an include filter fle.txt or c:\my docs\fle.txt

Quote:
3. Licensing: If this solution works for us, how do you handle licensing? Do we have to use a key for every install, or do you have volume licensing?

For OEM licensing please contact sales@tgrmn.com, thanks!
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum