Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Plus ok, nogo on Pro when using MS Remote Desktop

DFC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Plus ok, nogo on Pro when using MS Remote Desktop Reply with quote

I've used VV Plus for a long time, but decided to upgrade to Pro when I ran into a (sudden?) problem of Plus not being able to save subfolders.

I connect my Toshiba Tablet PC to my desktop (through a wired router), both running XP Pro, and I run ViceVersa on the desktop. Plus works fine (except for being unable to specify subfolders), but Pro doesn't.

Everything sets up fine and the right files are found on "Compare." "Preview" shows it is ready for the correct execution. When I hit "Execute," no error messages show up, and the animation showing the transfer starts and continues, but VV just sits there doing nothing --- not a single byte moves. I've tried with different files. I've turned off the virus checkers (on both machines) as well as the firewalls. I tried to move a single file manually (same behavior). I let it sit for many minutes. I made sure VV Pro worked with an external drive connected to the desktop (it does). I logged the action: "... [ERROR]." I've now tried about 8000 times and for several hours.

Any ideas as to why it would work with Plus but not with Pro? I saw another posting on the forum with people having a similar difficulty, i.e., Plus worked but not Pro, but with different systems. No real answer was there that I saw.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum