Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Windows NT - Cannot link to scheduler

systech

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Windows NT - Cannot link to scheduler Reply with quote

When I run the VVScheduler and attempt to add a task, I get the error message "Unable to open a link to Windows Task Scheduler".

I have just loaded VVPro and am running unregistered as a trial. Note that I am logged on with administrator privledges.

The scheduler service was not being used until now, so I started the service with backup user permissions. The system has not been rebooted.

Also, when in VVScheduler, when I click on Tools/Show Windows Task Scheduler I get the error message "Can not open folder c:\winnt\tasks".

System: Windows NT4 Server SP 6a
VV Pro Build: 2010
dbeck7540

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: This happens to me, also Reply with quote

I'm having same problem
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I think the server may need to restart ... are you able to schedule other tasks from the NT scheduler?
http://www.compareandmerge.com
systech

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Windows NT - Cannot link to scheduler Reply with quote

The server has now been rebooted, but attempting to run the VV scheduler still results in the error "Unable to open a link to Windows Task Scheduler". I loaded the AT schedule with some test jobs to make sure it worked, and those tasks ran fine.

Any ideas?

The other problem is that my evaluation license has now expired. Is there a way to get a bit more time to see if this will work?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum