Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Running mysql locks databases preventing backup

dave0judy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Running mysql locks databases preventing backup Reply with quote

I am running Xampp with MySql databases, on which I am backing up the databases from my NAS drive on vvengine. I have this set to backup when changes are noted on the source. This works fine when the mysql engine is not running. As soon as I start mysql, vvengine detects this as a source change (even when no changes were made to the database files) and tries to do the backup. However, with mysql running, it locks the database files, producing an error on vvengine.

I start windows without mysql running, so that it will backup any changed databases, however as soon as I start mysql to use the databases, it immediately provides the error. When set to "manual", this error doesn't happen, which is what I have had to set it at, so that when I do make changes to the database(s), I then stop mysql and perform the backup manually, on vvengine.

As I would really prefer this being backed up automatially when source changes noted, I was wondering if there was a setting available, where when set to "monitor source", that it would not activate the backup if mysql were turned on??
dave0judy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Running mysql locks databases preventing backup Reply with quote

I think I found the solution, on your pdf instructions under "restrictions". I have set the following and it seems to be working just like I wanted.

"mysqld.exe" isnotoneof running_processes
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum