Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Use with WD My Passport Wireless pro

Landyman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Use with WD My Passport Wireless pro Reply with quote

I have been using VV (Build 2518 64-bit) for a few years, keeping many external drives (USB) for backup and archive.

I've just purchased a WD 3TB My Passport Wireless pro. When connected by USB, It appears as all my other external drives. i.e. W:\AC\Test to sync that folder.

For easy entry of the folder name, I normally (in Windows 7) display that folder and copy it's name from the top of the Windows Explorer display.

Doing the same with the new drive connected via Wi-Fi I get:-

<\\MyPassport\Storage> and not:-

<W:\> which I get with a USB connection.

How do I select the folders to sync using the Wi-Fi connection?
Landyman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Use with WD My Passport Wireless pro Reply with quote

Landyman wrote:
How do I select the folders to sync using the Wi-Fi connection?

I've now discovered that the 'Map network drive....', accessed via right-click on the desktop 'Computer' icon does now work.

Now to test it with VV.
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, you should also be able to use the UNC path \\MyPassport\Storage directly in ViceVersa and then select subfolders as needed. thanks
http://www.compareandmerge.com
nada

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:35 am    Post subject: MPWP as a Plex server sucks Reply with quote

My experience with the MPWP has been frustrating from day one.

First - don't follow the instructions that WD provides. Load media before installing Plex, then let the MPWP fully scan all files.
Second - don't expect WD support to be helpful.
Third - don't expect the MPWP to maintain a connection to Plex or even stay working as a drive; mine consistently needed rebooting.
Fourth - if you need to rebuild the drive, don't expect it to work correctly and show the right TB storage available.
Finally - if you want to return your MPWP, don't expect WD's RMA process to work.

Setting up the MPWP as a Plex server has been nothing but one frustration after another.

Don't make the mistake I made: the portability is cool, but it is NOT a good Plex solution.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum