Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Can ViceVersa Replicate Move and Rename onto another disk?

Old Faithful

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:18 pm    Post subject: Can ViceVersa Replicate Move and Rename onto another disk? Reply with quote

I am not sure this question has been addressed in any of the features, FAQs or questions posted on this forum so here goes:

I am looking for software that will replicate the NAME AND LOCATION CHANGES in files and directory from one hard drive to another WITHOUT HAVING TO MOVE THE ACTUAL CONTENT of said files on the target drive?

In other words, I would like that the files that I renamed or placed in more appropriate folders in the source disk be renamed and moved the same way on my backup disk without having to delete and recopy the file every time I decide it should be placed in another folder or be renamed to something more appropriate, and end up with multiples copies of the same file in different locations and or under different names?

In simpler terms, can ViceVersa replicate the disk structural CHANGES (names and directory location changes, like a file allocation table) from a source disk to a backup WITHOUT the need to actually read, write or move the CONTENT of files that are otherwise unchanged?
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, when a file is moved in source, the same file is deleted and recopied to target if the replication method is selected. thanks
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum