Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

VVEngine Folder not found, Network Credentials

dsalks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:57 am    Post subject: VVEngine Folder not found, Network Credentials Reply with quote

VVEngine is installed in Windows 10.

For some reason, after a few days, intermittently, the network connection fails and I get a "Last Run" indication that "Source or Target folder not found"
I haven't had any problems like this accessing any of these network paths via windows explorer.
Note: the first time I got this problem was after a windows update. But I haven't noticed any events since.

I don't know if I should be using the "Network errors, retry" options.

Note: This happens when I have specified "Connect using default credentials" in the profile / folders / network settings.
I have gotten around this so far by entering the Path, User, Password explicitly under "Connect using the following credentials" for either Source or Target as needed.
However, I am backing up files from one NAS to another. (WDMyBookLive and WDMyCloud)
There is no place to enter a second set of network credentials (Path, User, Password)

I am presently keeping my eye on this daily as I review your product. But I am concerned that these schedules will not execute reliably.

Do you have suggestions?

Thank you.
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, let us know if the error still happens for the NAS. It should no longer happen now for the network, now that you enter user and pwd in the profile settings. thanks
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum