Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

excluding files in the compare window triggers recompare

gigel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: excluding files in the compare window triggers recompare Reply with quote

I use VV to mirror a volume onto another volume. not that robocopy wouldn't be doing the same but it's more confortable using a gui.

sometimes when I review the compare list I want to manually exclude some folder or file.

to do this, I right click the file/folder name in the left panel, and select "exclude" menu item.

normally when I do this I expect the exclusion to happen instant in a in-memory list, but apparently the source and target are compared again entirely.
another side effect is that the excluded file/folder gets saved in the profile, which is something I don't intend to happen, as it is just a volatile decision.

would it be possible to adjust the behaviour in relation with this stage of the execution, so the exclusion to happen instantly, without re-comparing and without saving the exclusion in the profile?

many thanks!
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ,

Regarding the re-comparison, it depends also on your profile settings. What settings do you have in the profile?

Regarding the filters being added to the profile, yes, that is the behavior, however if you do not save the profile the temp filters will not be saved.

thanks
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Comments / Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum