Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Encryption/decryption tool

gstjean

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Encryption/decryption tool Reply with quote

I have been using VV for over 8 years and have vaunted its merits to many colleagues. I travel allot for teaching and training from the university where I work. It happened twice that my laptop hard-drive died in the last 10 years or so forcing me to use a local computer for teaching. Luckily I always had a backup drive with me. However, encrypting the data is now more important than ever for privacy and file protection.

It would be great if VV came up with a tool that would allow us to de-crypt a single file without having to install the full VV on a foreign computer. This becomes more of an issue when travelling as stated above. This tool could be kept on the portable drive un-crypted where you launch it on the foreign computer (no need to write to the windows registry) and it simply asks for the protection password to de-crypt and execute the file. Very Happy
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, even just a simple tool would be quite useful, I hope we can release it soon. thanks
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum